Sunday, October 25, 2009

Memoirs of the Unchanged

Throughout my years..19 years to be exact, I'm not old or have even reached half of my life yet I've seen people change from the days they were in primary to today...or people I have recently known last year who have change...in ways I do not understand. Naturally I change as well..humans change but not our memories.

Have you ever wondered in your life how much a person can change? I realised this suddenly this year..I know someone since last year and somehow now..it's as though I don't know him anymore..more like a stranger...than a friend.

I was surprised of course...but I usually witness the change..of a person in the lapse of five years..It's unbelievable how much a person can change..I for one fear change...yet sometimes embrace it. I fear the change that will take away things dear to me...yet embrace change that gives everyone a better life..how ironic isn't it?

Change however never seemed to apply to memories,they fade...but yet never altered. As we recall a memory we remember them as they were...I remembered my friend who changed drastically,recalling him to be a person whom I thought I understand...Now I realised...I do not know him at all..let alone saying we're close friends..

My memories about people I love and cared are as vivid as the memory of the sun the day I started remembering,bright and clear. Not a moment forgotten..even the unhappy ones,I remember my first fight with my best friend...resulting in fever the next day, I remember my most unhappiest moments,remembered my friends happiest moments and of course my family's happiest moments. I remember every detail,every word...And of course if you ask if I remember words of my changed friend,I do..every single one...words he meant,words he didn't mean..I remembered.

I have,throughout my whole life witness not a single change but many, I hope with every particle in me that my memories will remain the way it is....for always..

No comments:

Post a Comment