Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Between the Life and Death?

Many of us...had lost friends whether by natural means or by accidents, recently or more accurately about a few months or so ago, for the first time in my life I lost a friend..

His departure shook the whole school, everywhere I turned I saw tears and I was crying myself. I have very little memory of my friend, I was not close to him but he was a great person, a nice guy. I could not accept the fact of his absence, I was not the only one, that day was the day the whole school cried. I stopped crying somehow...knowing very well, he does not wants to see us cry. All the while all I could think of was...how I never got to know him,how I wished to see him and how sudden it was.

I have regretted the fact that I never got to know him better, now I have lost the chance. Everytime I imagine his laughter and his jokes, I could feel tears in my eyes and pain in my heart. I realised then and there, I will never see him again or hear his voice again. I realised that for the first time I have lost a friend.

I had realised to how sudden things can happen, how sudden someone will be taken away from us...how we would regret when you realised you will never be able to see someone again. Many a night I had laid awake in bed, thinking if I were to lose someone again how would I feel....I have not once but more than twice had recalled the memories I have of my friend. I realised that anything can happen tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a new day but you never know what will happen, you would not know if you would be next or your friend would be. This accident had taught me forever more to appreciate all those around me, be it friends or enemies, I know that I could never changed the past but somehow if we learn from the past, we would know that all misunderstandings we have with our friends or any arguments we may have should be resolved or we would one day regret. Regret that you had not changed what could be changed, had not done what could be done.

Learn to love and to appreciate those around you, even if they may not love you as much as you love them, love them still...you only live once and only once you have the chance.

"Family is like a house and we are the occupants, forever more connected."

"Friends are like water, we may not need them once in awhile but we will need them in the end."

"Love is a precious jewel, once lost, it is never found again."


~:In Loving Memory of Tevindiran who passed away on the 29th of July 2009:~
~May he rest in peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment